This article contains SPOILERS!
November 26, 2012
By: Meredith Jacobs
If TNT were to put “Leverage” on trial to see if the show deserves a sixth season (and assuming they couldn’t just steal it), the remaining season 5 episodes, beginning with “The Low Low Price Job,” airing Tuesday, Nov. 27, could easily be used the drama’s case.
We’ve already seen four of the five “Leverage” episodes coming up, and you can expect more of what the series is all about: a group of thieves who have become like a family running cons and taking down marks. The first episode up will see the team taking on a mega-store, and just because they’ve taken down bigger marks—such as overthrowing a foreign government—and had some pretty big jobs—such as stopping a terrorist attack—doesn’t mean this is going to be easy for them. There are numerous obstacles, of course, and it is an entertaining episode. While it may not be our favorite of the remaining episodes, it is quite good and one you won’t want to miss.
The last new episode aired back in September, and the final two episodes before the midseason break showed the team working two separate jobs—the “kids” in “The Rundown Job” and the “parents” in “The Frame-Up Job”—but they get right back into the swing of things with the team once again working together on these upcoming jobs. From stealing things that seem impossible to running the hardest con, The White Rabbit, “Leverage” is stepping up the game as it finishes out its fifth season. It has yet to be renewed for a sixth season, but it is putting a strong case forward. Nate (Timothy Hutton) continues to mastermind brilliant schemes, Sophie (Gina Bellman) continues to grift and use her theater group, Eliot (Christian Kane) continues to hit and show a softer side, Hardison (Aldis Hodge) continues to show off what he can do with a computer, and Parker (Beth Riesgraf) continues to do what she does best (and that includes loving money). This team of thieves has stolen our hearts; now let’s just hope they can steal another season of cons.
And finally, here are six teasers about what to expect from “The Low Low Price Job”:
- We do get to learn more about Eliot. He’s more than just the hitter everyone knows and loves.
- Hardison has a trick up his sleeve that makes us feel a bit for anyone who may have ever annoyed him.
- While Eliot and Hardison often provide the humorous parts of the episode if they’re working together, one of the least light-hearted moments comes in a conversation between those two.
- Sophie doesn’t have it easy when it comes to a role for the con.
- At one point, we couldn’t help thinking “really not subtle.” You probably will too.
- The mark isn’t going to be making things easy for the team whatsoever as they try to take down the mega-store.
“Leverage” season 5 continues Tuesdays at 10 p.m. on TNT. Will you be tuning in? And don’t forget to vote for the show for People’s Choice Favorite Cable TV Drama.